Powered By Blogger

Τρίτη 17 Οκτωβρίου 2017

Secure of Performance ( How ethic is to ''use'' our dancers? )

  After approximately a week I'm back to work in my MA projects. I was in another city in Greece for a seminar of the International Cheerleading Union. There were a lot of people who are coaching and dancing in cheerleading teams in my country. We learn about the basic styles in cheer free pom, jazz kick, cheer hip-hop and freestyle performance. We also notice all things that judges and coaches must know about regulations in process and rating. Now I am a member of ICU, and I am so proud of myself!
  The topic that I will discuss today is based on secure of performance, which is a critical issue in this kind of competition and also in every type of stage action. Sometimes choreographers create a dangerous combination of movements just to impress. The question is: Is it ethical to use our dancers as ''products'' without taking into account the safety of body, the protection of teamwork, the age of dancers and their qualifications of a human body? And if our human resources have skills that could put them at risk, should we use this skills? Or should we prevent them to do that? The ICU gives lots of attention in this part so do I. The teams that use dangerous movement combinations lost marks, and sometimes their participation is canceled as well as the coach of them. In my opinion, it is forbidden to exhibit your dancers in danger and of course is not ethic to use them as products, is it?

I would like to write a comment if you wish to discuss this topic because it makes me think a lot about the development of dance and the procedure that choreographers in our days have. 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου