Powered By Blogger

Κυριακή 8 Οκτωβρίου 2017

Broadening Questions Ethically-Brainstorming (How to analyze a problem which I face everyday as choreographer and dance teacher of young ages)


I decided to do a brainstorming about the issue that makes me think a lot this week. Why can children not get out their feeling through a contemporary dance choreography? The truth is that some of them they can but I see that it is more copy of the choreographer's expression. Contemporary dance is a style of dance that allows feeling free to use your body and bring out your soul without having restricted techniques that's why I focus on this kind of dance.So I discover why this happens through the ethical question of what is perfection and what we consider as perfection.  How can I minimize this problem? Is this a problem? I'm still on research.

Why can children not get out their feeling through a choreography?
1) Feel that they need to copy the choreographer's expressions.
       -> In which way can they free themselves from choreographers style?

2) Feel still uncomfortable with steps.
       ->Is the improvisation the solution?

3) They haven't yet life experiences to identify with it.
       ->Have children the ability to perform a role which isn't matches in their age?

4) Is it a talent to show in your face what you feel? Can it be learned? Must it be worked?
      ->If it can be learned (In which way?)
      ->If it can be worked (How?)

The point is the ethical question behind all these questions. What is actually perfection? Exists perfection? Who and how can we criticize the result? Exists criticises in art? According to Aristotle the idea through the experience generates the art. From the other side, the art is focused on pleasure and reflection of feeling. If we agree that the art can be criticized, we have to focus on working a technique which can give the better results, but exists the pleasure and the reflection of feelings through a perfectly controlled process?

Trying to piece together all of these questions I feel I already start to investigate the theme profoundly and I can't stop thinking further and further.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου