Powered By Blogger

Τρίτη 14 Νοεμβρίου 2017

Artistry Vs Technique


  Hello everyone, I would like to apologize for the delay in posting, but I was facing a health problem in the previous week. Hopefully, I'm ok now, and I have entirely returned to my responsibilities in my MA programme and also in my job. 
 Today I would like to discuss the monthly skype group meeting on Sunday. Barbara brought up a topic for discussion that had made me think a lot in the past. Why students in dance classes prefer choreographies and feel uncomfortable with theory sessions? It is something that as dance teachers we tackle it every day independent the age group of teams, almost in all dance styles, isn't it?
 The first two years of teaching I had spent lots of hours to question myself if this is something that happens generally or if I do something wrong as a teacher. As I have already said in previous discussions, my pedagogy technique based on interactive learning and interaction that students have with each other through sharing thoughts, that is why I decided to discuss with them. I did a short inquiry using three age groups 4-6, 9-11 and above 16 years old. I asked the teams similar type of questions having a criterion their ages. They told me the same things in a different way, and that was incredibly shocking.
 The main reason was that they don't want to feel that will be judged. Students fell insecure with technique part because they know that is something strict without stretched fields and is something that they have to do it correctly as the teacher shows. The things are a little bit different when the new technique comes throughout the choreography. Students have the opportunity to express themselves and focus on the movement without having the stress of criticism.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου